Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Blogging is new to me, however I have always had a love and passion for writing and I plan to become more frequent and thorough on here, so hold me to it. The seasons have changed and I love it! I always enjoy the one day a year when I have 25 hours to complete all my to-do-lists. My dad and I argued when he said the days are shorter in the fall. I assured him he was wrong and that the day is the same, yet the sunlight shines less.

Over the past few weeks I have officially registered for Graduate School Graduation, ordered my cap and gown, reserved my ceremony seat.........i hope that completes all the graduation ceremony to-do's which will take place December 10 at 10:00am. As I told my family this will be my third and final graduation, unless in the future I walk across as a professor!


This is my graduation picture from bachelors May 2009!

This past weekend I fulfilled a promise I have been making to friends over the past months and made a trip to the beloved Austin, Texas! Many gasped when I said I would be making this trip alone, but I do believe this was my third solo trip. I drove from Hattiesburg, Miss across the swamps of Louisiana and into the city of Houston and into the Austin City Limits. I made a promise to myself that I would go buy new windshield wipers before my trip back (I will get to that later). I made it into Austin around 8:30pm and met up with a camp friend Joe for some deli pizza (Whole Food to be exact)! It was great to see a friend and catch up after nearly two years!


This picture is Joe, Tina and me from 2008!!

After our outing, my friend Maureen and her Oklahoma girls made it into town so I met up with them to hit the big city for an epic weekend.


Shae, Christen, Maureen and Monica!!

Christen and Maureen in the bed jumping competition!! EPIC!!

Maureen and I were camp friends in 2007 and co-counselors in 2008! We credit ourself with inventing the infamous game of bed-jumping for Ladybird cabin! (possibly against camp rules, but shhhhhh!)

Saturday was filled with one giant cheeseburger and a-million fries from Five Guys Burgers and Fries.http://gofiveguys.com/ My recommendation is don't be selfish and share your fries! Like we hadn't had enough we 'had' to stop next door at Amy's Ice creamhttp://www.amysicecreams.com/2.0/ I said noooo I am too full, only to change my mind for some sweet cream ice cream and chunks of heath bar........ahh i think i just drooled thinking about it! Amy's also has a very social media savvy web site for all my social media and pr guru's!

After our nice shower rotations in the hotel it was game time. I did a few practice rounds as aOklahoma State Cowboy and I was ready to go. We learned the in's and out's of parking in a big city and off we went. After a good laugh at the boy skateboarding and busting it trying to look professional we arrived to find Gate 25 where I picked up my Player Guest Ticket thanks to my long lost friend Andrew McGeehttp://www.okstate.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mcgee_andrew00.html Drew got lots of yells and cheering especially when he made his (i believe 6th) of the season! I learned how to wave like wheat, a few cheers and how to trash talk UT fans and after the 33-16 victory I learned what a real Cowboy victory feels like. Great game Cowboys and especially great game to you Drew! It is always encouraging to read Drew's facebook status updates before/after games when he declares all his teams success and accomplishments have come from above, such a great testimony! Drew I am holding out for my NFL ticket now...you are going far! But in all honesty I give hands up to the UT fans, the banter was fun, but always classy and in good spirits! Also, thank you to the nice girl in the dorm who let us in to use your restroom! The only let down of the game was not actually visiting with Drew, but I guess that is what you get for being the away team. After the game we checked out some more of the big city well into the night!


GO COWBOYS!! GO DREW #6!!

Sunday came too quickly, but we finished the trip at Chuy's!! http://www.chuys.com/ This was my third trip and always an Austin highlight, especially with camp friends. We met up with Joe and Todd (two of my favoritessssssss) for a little pre-nine hour drive lunch. We rocked up (camp prayer style) and had some great conversation, reminiscing and long laughs! We departed, but not before the infamous Silver Spur/Rough Rider photo-op!
Joe, Christen, Maureen and Todd.....Silver Spurs and Rough Riders

This is from my FIRST Chuy's experience...back in the summer of 2007!

I began the trip home thinking how...oh....how will i make it these 9 hours without an after-noon nap, but I did it! I wrangled my way around Houston to find a truck stop to fulfill my self-made promise of new wiper blades. I questioned how I would know what size and how would I install them, but God brought the nicest man across my path that took them off, picked out the size I needed (19 inch for the record) and installed them! A task which took him about 2 minutes that could have taken me half the night. He said he would want to know someone was looking out for his wife and it made me thankful that we still have good hearted people in the world today. So to him, THANK YOU AGAIN!


SOUTHERN MISS TRAGEDY...One last item of business is a tragedy that hit home in Hattiesburg to the Southern Miss Football Community. On Saturday night a shooting took place seriously injuring three of our teammates, senior linebacker Martez Smith, junior linebacker Tim Green and defensive lineman Deddrick Jones. Reports place Martez Smith being paralized from the waist down, Tim Green being unable to speak and other injuries not reported to Deddrick Jones.
In an article by the Hattiesburg American, Jefferson Davis County Sheriff Henry McCullum said Brown is currently out on felony bond, and is on state parole for a possession of cocaine charge for which he was sentenced in 2007. "We've sent him to the (penitentiary) before," McCullum said Tuesday. The tragedy lies in the fact that we will send him back, but only after he has changed the lives of three men forever. Is it really justice after one will never again walk and one will never again speak.



No comments: